Saturday, August 7, 2010

Porcupine hound




Funny how yesterday I was saying how happy I was to come across a porcupine up at Dougs cabin, then last night Sammie decided to tangle with one on the way home. We were almost back the lake cabin when I heard Sammie run off the trail and into the woods. She does that quite often so i didn't think anything of it. She sometimes goes for a little romp for an hour or two when we are on our way back the lake cabin. But when she showed up at the cabin an hour after I got there she had a face full of porcupine quills. I have helped Doug hold down Buster while he removed quills from his face. That was after we duct taped his legs together and taped his mouth shut. Even then it was still a lot of work, so I knew removing quills from Sammie's face by myself was going to be tough. I had to tape her legs together, tape her mouth closed, lay on top of her and put her in a head lock to pull out the quills with a pair of pliers. Everything worked out, I got the quills out very quickly without putting Sammie through to much pain and suffering. And yes, she was very happy after we were done. I hope she learned her lesson and won't do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment