Sunday, August 1, 2010

More freight/BBQ on the river


A couple days ago Doug made an over night trip to town for more building supplies and dropped a load part way down the trail with his pick-up truck. This morning I made my way across the river with the 4 wheeler to haul it down. It took a couple trips, one with 2 trailers, to get it all to the river. I shot video of the trip up and down the "hill" and after i stitch it all together I'll get it up-loaded to the blog. After getting all the freight to the river Doug met me at he crossing and said he was ready for a picnic on the river. We knew it was going to be really nice and very warm today so we had made plans to BBQ on the river and go for a swim. I'd have to say it was a perfect day to grill some steaks, veggie kabobs and enjoy some fresh pasta salad. Sammie spent the whole day with me as well and after a couple trips of the hill to the stash spot she was pretty pooped out. While we waited for the fire coals to get to the right temp., Doug, Sammie and I spent a fair amount of time in the water trying to keep cool. The last few days it has been getting up to around 90 degrees during the peak of the afternoon! I snapped a photo of our little picnic area with Doug chillin out. This was the same spot Sammie and I went to before when it was really hot out. It with take me a couple days to put my freight videos together so look for that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment