Friday, August 13, 2010

Concrete/Atrium
















Been so busy this week I haven't been able to get an update on the blog, sorry about that. Any extra time I've had, when not working for Doug, I've been working a lot at the lake cabin. I think I've been putting in about 12 hour days, taking breaks to eat of course. I have some pictures of some of the concrete work for the living room addition and the foundation for the walls to close in under the bathroom and the atrium. And also some pics of some of the work I'm doing in the atrium, building up the floor. In the atrium Doug had originally installed windows floor to ceiling but discovered that the bottom row of windows didn't really help out the plants and during the below zero temps of winter the floor level was very cold. So on the lower row of windows we have sandwiched the glass of the with foam insulation on the outside and inside. On the outside of the house I have covered over that insulation with siding from the mill. And in the atrium I am working on building up the floor to make it a more comfortable, usable space during the winter. These are just a couple things we're working on right now. The construction of the bathroom continues, rippled fiberglass has been installed on the green house roof, over that really expensive plastic for better snow support. And I've worked on about a dozen other smaller projects just wrapping up some loose ends. As I said before I have been putting a lot of work into the lake cabin as well. Most of the work is to get it ready for cold weather. Getting the cabin itself sealed up, a lot of chinking needs to be done. Installing more shelving for storage, installing a cooler in the floor and roughing in the wiring to move my battery bank under the floor. That's just a few things I'm working on at the lake cabin right now, lots more to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment